MOLINE, Ill. — The Spring cleaning season is upon us, and we're making a list of local events and opportunities making an effort to get the season started off right!
- The City of Davenport's annual Corridor Cleanup will be held on Saturday, March 25 from 8-11 a.m. The opportunity is open to anyone interested in beautifying Davenport and protecting the health of our local waterways. No previous experience is necessary. You can sign up by clicking here.
- The Terry Adams Memorial Park Spring Cleaning will take place on Saturday, Apr. 1 from 9-11 a.m. Join the City of Buffalo Park Board for a tree debris and trash cleanup at the Terry Adams Memorial Park. Volunteers of all ages are invited to help remove leaves, branches, and trash in the city park.
- The Bettendorf Riverfront/Leach Park Cleanup is happening on Saturday, Apr. 15 from 9-11 a.m. Join the Bettendorf Conservation Committee (BCC) in cleaning up trash in Leach Park and along the riverfront bike path to Davenport.
- The Princeton Whiskey Run Creek Cleanup will be held on Saturday, Apr. 15 from 9-11 a.m. Join partners of Scott County Watersheds and the City of Princeton for a cleanup along Whiskey Run Creek! Volunteers are needed to help remove invasive brush from the streambank and pick up trash along River Drive.
- The Downtown Bettendorf Cleanup is slated for Wednesday, Apr. 26 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Register now for the Spring Downtown Bettendorf Cleanup including the bike trail, streets, and along Interstate 74!
- Davenport's Cleanup and Greenup is an excellent opportunity to enjoy the spring and help protect our natural resources. Volunteers will be digging holes, planting trees and pick up litter along the planting route. Litter pickup consists of walking, bending and placing wastes in a bag for disposal and carries little hazard. The cleanup is slated for Saturday, April 29 from 8-11 a.m.
- The Nahant Marsh Spring Cleanup is happening on Saturday, Apr. 29 from 9-11:30 a.m. Volunteer jobs will include light trash pickup along the marsh drive and on Wapello Ave. and heavy duty debris cleanup around our adjacent properties.
- Organized by the Karpeles Manuscript Museum, the Broadway Historic District Spring Clean Up is scheduled to tidy up one of Rock Island's most beautiful neighborhoods. It'll take place from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 6. According to the event's Facebook page, "It's that time of year again! We're asking all the neighbors and any additional volunteers to come together to help clean up the Broadway Historic District. We'll meet up early for refreshments and snacks. Then we'll all pick a few blocks to pick up trash! Any volunteers with trucks to drive alleys and pick up bulk furniture or tires would be appreciated!
Do you know about another spring cleaning event not listed here? Send us the details so we can add it to the list!
Watch more news, weather and sports on News 8's YouTube channel