Martin Luther King Jr. Day is on Jan. 21, and the Quad Cities and surrounding areas are honoring his memory through services and ceremonies.
Here’s a running list of all of the ways you can honor this great civil rights leader in areas near you:
- Clinton Community College – Annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration
- Sunday, Jan. 20, Food: 1:30-2:30 p.m., Program at 2:45 p.m. at 1000 Lincoln Boulevard
- Davenport Library – “Martin Luther King Jr. and the Struggle to Close the Income Inequity Gap” Discussion
- Tuesday, Jan. 22, 6:30 p.m. at 321 Main Street
- St. Ambrose University – “March to Remember” will honor the efforts to create Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. along a section of Marquette Street in Davenport. Participants will march in silence and alum Jim Collins will share insights on the dedication process.
- Friday, Jan. 25, 3 p.m. at Christ the King Chapel Gathering Space
- Western Illinois Museum – “The Meeting: Martin Luther King Jr. and Malcolm X”
- Sunday, Jan. 20 at 1:30 p.m.
- Mt. Calvary Church of God in Christ – “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Commemorative March and Day of Celebration”
- Monday, Jan. 21 at 9:30 a.m. – Meet at 9:15 a.m. in the parking lot on the east side of Macomb’s Courthouse Square
- 10:30 a.m. – Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Celebration Program
- Monmouth College – Martin Luther King Jr. Day convocation
- Monday, Jan. 21, 12 p.m. in Dahl Chapel and auditorium
- Augustana College – Voice recital in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Friday, Jan. 18, 7:30 pm at Wallenberg Hall
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center – Annual Memorial Service and Awards
- Monday, Jan. 21, 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at 630 Ninth Street
- Rock Island Arsenal – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Observance
- Thursday, Jan. 24, 1:00 p.m. at Heritage Hall
This post was created from viewer submissions. Did we miss something? Send us an email at News@wqad.com, or send us a news tip, here.
This post will be added to as Martin Luther King Jr. Day approaches. Check back for updates.