Firefighters found the body of 55-year-old Marla Moyers inside the house. She was the only person at home at the time of the fire; her husband and one child who also live there were not in the house.
“During the search of the house, firefighters discovered a body in the front living room on the first floor,” said Crooks’ statement.
Mrs. Moyers’ death was considered accidental; she died of asphyxiation due to carbon monoxide poisoning, Crooks said.
It took about a half-hour for firefighters to bring the fire under control. The house was a total loss. The cause of the fire remained under investigation, but was not suspicious, Crooks said.