CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — A combination of local organizations worked together to collect supplies to send to those in need in Ukraine.
Driscoll Children's Hospital, The Rotary Club of Corpus Christi, Christus Spohn, and others joined together at Johnstone Supply Company to begin separating what they've collected so far.
Items included wheelchairs, medical supplies, food, blankets, and much more. Driscoll Director of Major Gifts John Hyde said with all of the children in need, they knew they needed to help in some way.
"Spohn Hospital, Driscoll Children's Hospital have contributed a total of 30 pallets of medical supplies. And then individuals all over the city, including nurses and doctors, child life therapists throughout the city have contributed supplies. So we're gathering them and tomorrow we're inviting out the public here to Johnstone Supply." said Hyde.
From 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday, they are asking community members to bring any supplies they may have to donate, or even help to organize what they have there.
Once everything is boxed up, it will be taken to a humanitarian group in Houston, who will then ship the supplies off to Ukraine to hopefully aid those in need.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Buc Days sees enhanced security, patrols as festivities begin
- Corpus Christi is the state's top Gulf Coast destination
- Dr. Timothy Fagen accepts position as chief medical examiner in Nueces County
- Poll: Most Americans want access to safe abortions
- Former jail inmate suing Nueces County, corrections officer for 2019 assault
- Here is everything you need to know if you plan on attending any Buc Days events
- Freer rattlesnake handler dies from bite at Rattlesnake Roundup
- Runoffs: Here are some things to keep in mind for upcoming elections in May
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.