CLEVELAND — The need for blood donations is now.
“This isn’t something we can go and make more of," a Red Cross official tells 3News. "We only get blood from volunteer donors who come forward on a regular basis to give.”
The American Red Cross will hold another blood drive at the Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse on Thursday, May 28 from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Appointments are required to participate in this blood donation. No walk-ins will be permitted.
Click HERE to sign up and make an appointment. You can also do so by calling 1-800-RED-CROSS. Free street parking will be available on East 6th and Eagle Avenue.
“The work of the Red Cross never stops, and during this coronavirus crisis the focus remains on delivering its lifesaving mission each day," officials said. "There is no known end date in the fight against COVID-19 and the Red Cross needs the help of blood and platelet donors to ensure blood products for patients in need of transfusions, including those who need surgery, cancer treatments or trauma victims are readily available for weeks to come.”
266 pints of blood were collected during three previous blood drives held at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse, officials said.
Those donating blood will have their temperature checked, and need to wear a mask.
- RELATED: Here's how coronavirus cases have grown in Ohio each day: Timeline
- RELATED: Coronavirus in Ohio: The latest number of confirmed cases & trends
- RELATED: US reaches 100,000 COVID-19 deaths
- RELATED: Test positive for coronavirus? CDC updates quarantine guidance
- RELATED: Sign up: 3News coronavirus e-mail newsletter