MOLINE, Ill. — You can drop off School Supplies at WQAD's Studio at 3003 Park 16th Street in Moline on July 28th from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
Since 2006, Quad City area schools and volunteer groups have coordinated a combined supply drive effort through the First Day Project: Quad City-Wide Student Supply Drive.
The First Day Project meets the needs of students who require help in obtaining school supplies. Approximately 24,000 students in Quad City schools are from families with incomes low enough to be eligible for Free & Reduced fee waivers for school meals and fees.
The First Day Project will supply thousands of Quad City students with the items they need to start their school year with confidence.
Serving Bettendorf, Colona, Carbon Cliff-Barstow, Davenport, East Moline, Hampton, Moline, Pleasant Valley, Rock Island-Milan, Silvis, and United Township school district students.
You can drop off School Supplies at WQAD's Studio at 3003 Park 16th Street in Moline on July 28th from 6:00 am - 6:00 pm.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES NEEDED
- Colored Pencils
- Composition Notebooks
- Loose-Leaf Paper
- Pocket Folders
- Spiral Notebooks
- Washable Markers
- Watercolor Paints
- Glue Sticks
- Pencil Boxes
There are several other donation drop off locations throughout the Quad Cities if you can't make it to the News 8 studios on Wednesday.
- Ascentra Credit Union locations at 2019 Grant Street and 2339 53rd Avenue in Bettendrof, the Davenport locations at 1515 W. 53rd St., 1710 W. 3rd St., and 1800 Brady St., and the Moline location at 3005 7th St. are all accepting donations through July 30.
- Carpetland in Davenport at 4337 Brady St. and the Moline location at 4201 44th Ave. are collecting donations until July 30.
- The State Farm Insurance Agency at 855 46th Ave. in Rock Island is accepting donations through July 30.
- Mel Foster is accepting donations through July 30 at the Bettendorf, Davenport and Moline locations.
- Midwest Complete Construction is accepting donations at the Rock Island office until July 30.
Genesis Health System is accepting donations on three different days from 7:30 a.m. until 3:45 p.m.
- August 2 at the East Campus
- August 3 at the West Campus
- August 4 at the Illini Campus
School districts are also accepting donations through the end of July
- Bettendorf: Drop off at the District Administration Center, 3311 18th St.
- Davenport: Drop off at the Achievement Service Center, 1702 Main St.
- Pleasant Valley: Drop off at PV High School, 604 Belmont Rd.
- Moline: Drop off at Allendale, 1619 11th Ave.
- Rock Island-Milan: Drop off at the District Administration Center, 2101 6th Ave.
- East Moline: Drop off at Christ United Methodist Church, 3801 7th St.