MOLINE, Ill. — Officials with River Action are asking for the community's help with their annual Taming of the Slough race on Saturday, Sept. 16.
The 12-mile triathlon combines kayaking, mountain biking, and running across the Sylvan Slough, Sylvan Island, and the I-74 bridge in Moline.
Volunteers will receive a free T-shirt for their time. Anyone looking to help can sign up at River Action's website here. A full list of the positions needed and the time commitment for each can be found below:
- Packet Pickup: Friday, Sept. 15, Bent River, Moline, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Set up: Saturday, Sept. 16, 6:30 to 8 a.m.
- Race Day Packet Pickup: Saturday, Sept. 16, 6:30 to 8 a.m.
- Launch/Return: Sept. 16, YMCA Rowing Club, foot of 17th St., 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Transition Areas: Sept. 16, YMCA Rowing Club, foot of 17th St., 8 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Security at YMCA: Sept. 16, YMCA Rowing Club, foot of 17th St., 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Run Course Marshalls: Sept. 16, YMCA Rowing Club, foot of 17th St., 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Post Race Party and Awards: Bass Street Landing, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Tear Down YMCA and Bass St. Landing: 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Watch more news, weather and sports on News 8's YouTube channel