WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump has designated Sunday, March 15, as a "National Day of Prayer."
It comes in the wake of the president declaring a national emergency amid the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic in an effort to free up more money and resources to help fight the virus.
"It is my great honor to declare Sunday, March 15th as a National Day of Prayer. We are a Country that, throughout our history, has looked to God for protection and strength in times like these....
"....No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!"
The House of Representatives early Saturday passed an aid package that would provide free tests, sick pay for workers and bolster food programs. It now heads to the Senate for consideration; Trump has indicated he supports the package.
- Disney World Resort closing due to coronavirus concerns
- Universal Orlando closing its theme parks
- Your upcoming Princess Cruise was just canceled. Here's what you can do
- Live Updates: Concerts, sporting events called off as Florida works to limit COVID-19 spread
- NBA suspending season over coronavirus concerns
- Farnell Middle School closed for 48 hours after someone was exposed to coronavirus
- Coronavirus resources: Hotlines, websites offer the latest on COVID-19
FREE 10NEWS APP: