IOWA CITY, Iowa — Twelve people have been charged with prostitution or soliciting prostitution during an investigation into human trafficking by the Iowa Law Enforcement Intelligence Network (LEIN).
More than 40 law enforcement officers were involved in this investigation, some were undercover.
The following are charged with solicitation:
- Daniel R. Morrow, 56, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Shane S. Higdon, 42, of Fairfield, Iowa.
- Jahmai J. Jones, 22, of Iowa City, Iowa.
- Herekeza Mulengwa, 27, of Iowa City, Iowa.
- Michael Bloomquist, 56, of Letts, Iowa.
- Alexander Emmons, 21, of Bettendorf, Iowa.
- Abraham Granjeno-Sierra, 27, of West Liberty, Iowa.
The following are charged with prostitution:
- Anastase Gasominari, 30, of Iowa City, Iowa.
- Michelle Romero, 39, of Oxford, Iowa.
- Amanda M. Guzzle, 37, of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Brenda F. Sheets, 37, of Bettendorf, Iowa.
- Sharlia M. Clark, 29, of Moline, Illinois.
Investigating agencies included Iowa City Police Department, Coralville Police Department, University of Iowa Police Department, North Liberty Police Department, Johnson County sheriff and attorney’s offices, State of Iowa Division of Intelligence, Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation and the Iowa State Patrol.