Quad City towns and organizations are preparing for the Easter holiday and gearing up for the return of in-person events and celebrations.
Many groups are holding activities over the course of the days leading up to Easter Sunday on April 4.
We're keeping a list of Easter festivities in the QC area here.
Thursday, April 1
- Gilda's Club Easter Egg Decoration
- Kids impacted by cancer and their adult caregivers are invited to paint eggs with Gilda's Club
- 5 p.m. -6:00 p.m. at the UnityPoint Health-Trinity Moline Clubhouse.
- RSVP is required, and can be registered at http://www.gildasclubqc.org/calendar. For more information, call Gilda’s Club at 563-326-7504 or email email@example.com
Friday, April 2
- Good Friday Community Cross Walk
- Religious long walk hosted by Gloria Dei Presbyterian Church
- 8:30 a.m. carpool from Gloria Dei to Rock Island City Government Building, followed by prayer and scripture reading
- Walk back to Gloria Dei begins at 9 a.m., expected to last around two hours, followed by brief worship
Saturday, April 3
- Davenport 9th Annual Easter Egg Scramble 5K Run/Walk
- 8:30 a.m. - Kid's Bunny Hop - $15
- 9 a.m. - 5K Walk/Run - $35
- Kid's Easter egg hunt follows the 5K, admission free to Bunny hop participants
- The Bunny Hop and 5K begin and end at 11th Street in the Village of East Davenport, before moving to Lindsay Park for the egg hunt.
- To register and for more information, visit www.scramble5k.com.
- Your CBD Store
- The store is giving out Easter baskets for children, along with an Easter bunny visit.
- Store hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and the store has nearby locations in Moline, Rock Island, Davenport, and Bettendorf.
- Easter Holiday Bash starring The Disco Dancing Bunny
- organized by Davenport nonprofit Kinna's House of Love
- 2:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Friendly House on N Myrtle Street
- Lucky Beauty bus's Free Easter Egg Hunt
- Guests are asked to bring one hygiene item, all proceeds go to Toiletries for Teens
- 3 p.m. at Lucky's Beauty Bus at 1730 Wilkes Avenue in Davenport
Did we miss any events? Let us know by sending us a tip through our Contact Us page.