MOLINE, Illinois-- It's the period of Lent, and Caitlyn Ferin from Fareway Food Stores is showing us her final recipe for something easy you can make at this time: white fish.
* Lean protein
* Mild flavor
* Choose white fish if you’re looking for recipe versatility. Since the flavor is delicate, it works well with almost any flavor or seasoning.
* White fish typically takes on the flavor of it’s seasoning without having a strong flavor of its own.
* Consider the filet’s thickness. If you’re new to cooking fish, a thinner, faster cooking filet may leave less room for error.
* Bake for 15 minutes at 400°F or sauté over medium heat until opaque and it flakes easily with a fork.
* Replace your typical taco fillings with white fish to help meet the 2–3 recommended weekly servings of seafood.