MOLINE, Ill. — It's that time of the week again, and we're here to help you with all your meal-prepping needs!
This week, News 8's Shelby Kluver and Hy-Vee Registered Dietician Nina Struss have a sweet and salty peanut butter hummus recipe that tastes like the best peanut butter cookie dough you've ever had.
All you need:
- 1 (15-oz. can Hy-Vee no-salt-added garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup Skippy creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 2 tbsp. PB2 peanut butter powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. Hy-Vee salt
- 2 to 3 tsp. water, or as needed for desired consistency
- Peanuts, chopped for garnish
- Assorted fresh fruit such as apples, pears or strawberries
- Hy-Vee pretzel sticks
- Plain pita chips
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Hy-Vee graham crackers
All you do:
- Place garbanzo beans in a food processor. Cover and pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add creamy peanut butter, agave nectar, peanut butter powder, vanilla, and salt. Cover and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Add water, as needed, to food processor to reach desired consistency.
- Transfer hummus to a serving bowl. Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve with desired dippers.
Watch more Meal Prep Monday recipes, hacks on News 8's YouTube channel