MOLINE, Ill. —
We're back with another recipe to make your week easier! Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian Nina Struss joins News 8's Shelby Kluver to serve up some tasty egg bites.
- Serves: 6
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
All You Need:
- 6 Hy-Vee large eggs
- ½ tsp. Hy-Vee salt
- 1/8 tsp. Hy-Vee ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Gustare Vita olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped white onions
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee Short Cuts chopped red bell peppers
- 1 clove Hy-Vee Short Cuts garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano finely chopped
- ¼ cup baby kale, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
All You Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 (1-3/4-inch) muffin cups with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat; add onions and cook for 3 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Add red peppers and garlic; cook for 3 minutes more or until peppers are tender. Remove from heat; stir in oregano. Divide mixture among prepared muffin cups. Top each cup with 1 teaspoon kale and 1 teaspoon goat cheese.
- Using a ladle, carefully divide egg mixture among partially filled muffin cups. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until egg is set. Remove egg bites from muffin cups and serve immediately.
Watch more Meal Prep Monday recipes, hacks on News 8's YouTube channel