MOLINE, Ill. —
It's a recipe that's perfect for kids or anyone else that's active! Hy-Vee Registered Dietitian Nina Struss joined News 8's Shelby Kluver to ball up some tasty carrot cake energy bites!
Serves 12 (2 bites each per serving).
All you need:
- ¾ cup Hy-Vee California sun-dried raisins.
- ½ cup Hy-Vee old-fashioned oats.
- ½ cup Hy-Vee dried pineapple.
- ¼ cup Hy-Vee chopped pecans.
- ¼ cup Full Circle Market organic chia seeds.
- 1 1/3 cups shredded carrots.
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee ground cinnamon.
- 1 tsp Hy-Vee vanilla extract.
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee salt.
- ¼ tsp Hy-Vee ground ginger (if desired).
All you do:
- Place raisins, oats, pineapple, pecans and chia seeds in a food processor. Cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add carrots, cinnamon, vanilla, salt and ginger (optional) to the food processor. Cover and process until mixture forms a ball.
- Roll into 24 balls (about 1 tablespoon each). Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Watch more Meal Prep Monday recipes, hacks on News 8's YouTube channel