INDIANAPOLIS — McDonald's is celebrating 50 years of one of its iconic breakfast sandwiches.
The fast food chain is offering the Egg McMuffin at a "throwback price" of 63 cents during breakfast hours on Thursday, Nov. 18 through the McDonald's app.
The Egg McMuffin was first added to the menu in 1971 in Santa Barbara, California.
McDonald's describes the breakfast sandwich as "a freshly cracked Grade A egg on a toasted English Muffin topped with real butter, and add lean Canadian bacon and melty American cheese."
In addition to the promotion, McDonald's is sharing examples of various ways customers have added ingredients to the Egg McMuffin breakfast sandwich over the years, including bacon, tomato, grape jelly, hash browns, syrup and chicken.
Click here to find the nearest McDonald's location.
What other people are reading:
- Indiana Attorney General Todd Rokita files 3rd lawsuit opposing federal COVID-19 vaccine mandate
- Grandmother and teen that went viral for Thanksgiving dinner reuniting for sixth celebration
- Indiana will get $9 billion from the infrastructure bill — here's how it'll be used
- Some residents of an Indianapolis senior living complex say complaints about conditions have gone unresolved
- Counties still waiting for new supply of pediatric COVID-19 vaccine